Help Desk Technician
DEPARTMENT: Content Management Solutions
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time Non-Exempt
General Code is a leader in Content Management Solutions and Codification Services. Our highly trained staff determines optimal solutions and implementation, as well as provides support after installation. General Code offers challenging work in a diverse, flexible, supportive environment where an appropriate work-life balance is emphasized. The successful applicant for this position will demonstrate technical customer service expertise and a keen desire to have a meaningful impact in a values-based, team-oriented business environment.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Help Desk Technician is to provide technical phone support to external clients of General Code’s Content Management applications. In addition to supporting customers by phone, this position may require occasional travel to install software, train end-users, assist with sales demos, and attend conferences and events.
The Help Desk Technician interacts both proactively and reactively with internal and external customers to provide information and technical support in response to inquiries. This individual utilizes in-depth knowledge of company products and software programs, and works across teams to access information in order to resolve concerns, thus ensuring a high quality positive customer service experience.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS PERFORMED:
- Answers questions and resolves problems for the end users via phone or Internet connection; occasional on-site visits
- Performs remote installation and configuration of software prior to our Trainer arriving onsite
- Works with Software Developers to report and resolve customer issues/software bugs
- Maintains customer accounts and disposition of software enhancement requests
- Documents both for troubleshooting and training purposes
- Occasionally serves in a pre-sales role by assisting the Sales team with demos and/or needs assessments
- Occasionally travels to customer sites for installation and training of application