Laserfiche Help Desk Technician
DEPARTMENT: Content Management Solutions
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time Exempt
General Code is a leader in Content Management Solutions and Codification Services. Our highly trained staff determines optimal solutions and implementation, as well as provides support after installation. General Code offers challenging work in a diverse, flexible, supportive environment where an appropriate work-life balance is emphasized. The successful applicant for this position will demonstrate technical expertise, design sensibilities and a keen desire to have a meaningful impact in a values-based, team-oriented business environment.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Helpdesk Technician is to provide technical phone support to external clients of General Code’s Content Management application, Laserfiche. In addition to supporting customers by phone, this position may require occasional travel to install Laserfiche software, train end-users, and attend conferences and events.
The Helpdesk Technician interacts both proactively and reactively with internal and external customers to provide information and technical support in response to inquiries. This individual utilizes in-depth knowledge of company products and software programs, and works across teams to access information in order to resolve concerns, thus ensuring a high quality positive customer service experience.
The Helpdesk Technician receives the majority of inbound helpdesk calls, and triages them to the Senior Helpdesk Technician, as needed.
The Helpdesk Technician also works with the eImaging team to help convert customers’ scanned paper documents into indexed digital images.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS PERFORMED:
- Answering questions and resolving problems for end users via phone or Internet connection; occasional on-site visits if/as required
- Performing remote installation and configuration of Laserfiche software prior to our Trainer arriving onsite
- Working with Laserfiche software developer to report and resolve customer issues/software bugs
- Maintenance of customer accounts and disposition of software enhancement requests
- Documentation both for troubleshooting and training purposes
- Occasionally traveling to customer sites for installation and training of Laserfiche application
- Working with eImaging partners to process indexing data for scanned images
- Serving in a pre-sales role by assisting the Sales team with demos and/or needs assessments