DEPARTMENT: Codification Operations
REPORTS TO: Shipping Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time (approx. 20 hrs per week) Non-Exempt
General Code is the nation’s leading provider of Municipal Code publishing and maintenance services (codification). Our passion for excellence, our focus on client service, and an ongoing investment in our people and technology have helped us to revolutionize the codification industry. General Code offers challenging work in a diverse, flexible, supportive environment where an appropriate work-life balance is emphasized. The successful applicant for this position will demonstrate a keen desire to have a meaningful impact in a values-based, team-oriented business environment.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The primary function of this position is to provide support for activities associated with shipping and facilities maintenance.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS PERFORMED
- Read and understand detailed job ticket instructions.
- Package printed materials for shipping and delivery to the customer.
- Customization, assembly and delivery of published materials according to the specific physical standards of each customer for new codes, and for updating or supplementing existing codes.
- Generate labels and placing them on supplement envelopes.
- Place the new supplements in our original code books before shipping to the customer.
- Perform final QC of Supplements prior to shipment.
- Operate the UPS Online system and Mail Meter.
- Generate reports for internal company use and printed envelopes for external delivery operations.
- Coordinate and check deliveries.
- Deliver and pickup mail to the Post Office per the adopted schedule.
- Copy Manuscripts, Critiques, and Reports for Production.
- Perform light maintenance work around the building.
- Filling in for the Shipping Manager when needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.